Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My First Blackhawks Game

Growing up in Texas, I don't remember having many opportunities to attend Ice Hockey games. It was the one sport that I didn't really understand and never really got into. Well, that changed when I started following the Blackhawks and cheered them on to the Stanley Cup last year!!
So, when the schedule was 2011 schedule was released we marked the Tampa game for a road trip. What a different sport live - TV is good, but it just doesn't do it justice. I had no idea how many line changes there were - I honestly thought the same 5 played almost the entire game. Needless to say, we had a great time. Not only did I see a game that went into Overtime, I got to see a Shootout!
Even though the Hawks lost, it was a great time! Can't wait to go back next year - and eventually visit The Madhouse on Madison!

No comments: