Monday, September 1, 2008

Farmers Fight

Ah, fall. The leaves changing, the cool breezes, the start of school. Ok, so who am I kidding, I have never lived anywhere that truly experiences a 'fall', but I did always know that this time of year meant one thing - college football! These were some of my favorite days on campus, and even though I am thousands of miles away, helps me to relieve my days on campus. So, this year, like every other, I research online, I print the schedule, and look ahead to the match-ups to come. All excited to see the Sherman era in College Station, I waited for Saturday - to once again see the Noble Men of Kyle and the 12th Man take the field. Now, living in Florida I do not have the option of seeing 'live' too many of the games, so I have the internet and SportsCenter to help me through these difficult times. So, imagine my surprise when the score flashed on the bottom line, and the Aggies, my Aggies, had been outscored?!?! by Arkansas State - really? At Kyle Field, the Field that once held a string of consecutive victories that span years...and the same Field with the 12th Man advantage? Wow, I am still in disbelief - and I can not wait for next Saturday - because it has to get better from here. Farmers Fight! 

No comments: