Sunday, September 26, 2010

West Coast Adventure: Part 3.1

San Francisco

Our journey continued in San Francisco. Now, I have to admit that I had pretty high expectations from friends/family who had been to San Francisco and loved it. So, my first experience was not necessarily the best. After arriving on an overcast and windy day (which I learned is pretty much everyday) we jumped in a cab to our Hotel. Imagine our surprise to learn that our cabbie 1) didn't know where our Hotel was 2) had us plug in the address on the GPS 3) couldn't follow the directions on the GPS. So, needless to say, we jumped out and called the Hotel to find out how to walk there, after all it was only a few blocks away. Oh wait, did I mention we were in San Francisco? Yeah, there were some (slight) hills that we didn't exactly account for with our luggage. Sure, we were only a few blocks away - but it was straight UPHILL. Fantastic. So, needless to say, once we got to the Hotel, we were a little winded. We dropped our bags off and headed out to see the City. Phew was it windy! Sight-seeing double-decker bus tour - HERE WE COME! Yes, it's extremely touristy, but we had to do it. After driving around what felt like the entire city on the top deck (because we didn't want to miss the good pics, of course) we come to the Golden Gate Bridge. Woo hoo!!! We are almost there I say in my head - I can't wait to get the picture....
There it is - The Golden Gate Bridge. Just like all the posters you have seen, right? Wait, where's the rest of the bridge? I never even thought about the weather factor. I guess this is why people come to Walt Disney World and expect you to live in a dome, and control the weather. Oh well, life goes on. We were there - we did see it, even if it was in 1/2 its glory.

Oh 'travel luck' - there's always tomorrow, right?

No comments: